Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

On the road. Will Update on WXR Later Tonight... Been a sad week


A lot of tropical moisture in the Caribbean. 
Old frontal boundary there.
New frontal boundary here.

My sister-in-law Roberta passed away.
I've been busy with funeral arrangements.
What we call "shiva" ... Google it.
A week of friends paying their respects.
Helping out, seeing family.

Roberta and I met in 1988 and became fast friends.
My brother met her a while later through me...
...and they eventually married.
As I never had a sister....
...and she was an only child...
We were closer than most sister-in-laws.

And as life comes and goes...
I'm going to NY to help my daughter who just had a baby.
Well nice to see the baby.
Sad because Roberta wanted so badly to see Dina's baby.

Everyone knows this stuff but... you forget it when you are feeling sick.

She was confused, not dizzy but feeling funny.
She took blood pressure meds but was prone to be lax... 

https://www.goredforwomen.org/about-heart-disease/symptoms_of_heart_disease_in_women/symptoms-of-a-stroke/

Her tongue felt funny.
She was disoriented.
She didn't go straight to the hospital.
She waited ....though in her case it might not have made a difference.
We will never know so...

www.goredforwomen.org

Learn the signs of a stroke.
She was 52 years old and left behind a 20 year old son.
A lot of nieces of nephews.
Her brother, me..and some distant cousins.

Learn the signs of a stroke.. please.
If you see someone having one.. just call 911 don't ask.
They will say "don't worry I'm fine"

Just do it.

Thank you for reading my rant.

I'll be more upbeat in future posts.
You can't bring back someone you love.
You can only go on and remember her with love and laughter.

Besos BobbiStorm
@bobbistorm on Twitter


1 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your sister-in-law and warmest wishes for a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family - Kindest Regards, CypressTX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home