Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, September 05, 2014

NHC seems a bit harsh on new CV wave

This seems a bit harsh.....

Time will tell. As always if it stays weak.....gets further west and stays south.

"TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
800 AM EDT FRI SEP 5 2014

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. An area of low pressure, associated with a tropical wave, is
producing disorganized cloudiness and thunderstorms near and south
of the Cape Verde Islands.  Some slow development of this system is
possible over the next several days while it moves westward at about
15 mph.  This system could still bring locally heavy rain and gusty
winds in squalls to portions of the Cape Verde Islands today.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.

Forecaster Kimberlain "

Disorganized cloudiness.....

Models take it where the others went before. 

Every time I see those models swimming west I think of sperm swimming fast in search of a tropical egg.  You remember that scene in "look whose talking" ???  And the tropical sperm all seem to be from the same Cape Verde family.  This one would use the name Ed cause I'm not spelling it out on my iPad as lord only knows how many ways it will change it. Seems Apple disagrees with NHC and believes it should be Eduardo. Hmmmmm

On the back roads of Virginia today and the beaches of North Carolina. I'll be posting later today. 

Reality is we are getting to prime time in the tropics. I really believe there will be a tropical threat to Florida in about ten days time. Talking Miami and South Florida specifically. A "threat" is what I said....I'll pin it down if I think it will play out in real time. Also the coast of Carolina is in play.  

Whether it's this wave, the one behind it or something that pops up close in I do believe that threat is there.  Either way tropical weather will be in the forecast. Enjoy the heat up north this week because cold weather is coming and the always beautiful tango of fronts dipping down and tropical weather trying to sneak through. 

Sorry for any typos as my new iPad and I have not totally bonded or worked out the kinks but yeah I do love the mini. 

Song knee deep is stuck in my head today and if I hear Fox 5 say Annapolis one more time I may wish a hurricane on it. 

Besos Bobbi 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home