Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, August 15, 2011

And the Beat Goes On... Can Gert Become a Hurricane?



That is the question...

She is strengthening at the moment, more so possibly than the NHC expected her to so I suppose it is possible she could flirt with Hurricane Status.

Elsewhere in the Caribbean and Atlantic the hunt goes on the next tropical system.

I'm going to go out on a tropical limb here in Brooklyn and say I like the system approaching the islands. I know, they only gave a 10% chance of development this morning but that area of disturbed weather looks more organized than 10% in my book. Yes, it looks a lot like Emily, dysfunctional and looking for a core belief system but it's there with energy and color and moisture and it IS worth watching.

Unless you want to spend the whole summer watching Tropical Storms that shuffle off past Bermuda...

And, some models this week flirted with a Texas Hurricane Hit on the coastline near Houston. Maybe it was just a mixed up model whistling Dixie, but I think it was latching onto this wave and that it doesn't want to let go. Depending on when development would occur it could become a real flirt with a lot of bathing beauties on a lot of beaches between the Islands and Texas.

So, stay tuned.

As for me, in search of a place to hang out and do some writing today and a class in either Zumba or Bollywood as I've eaten more carbs and proteins in the last week than I have had in months. Note to Bobbi...pick up cherries if you can find them on Kingston. If I can't find a gym with a class that fits my needs I'll just walk up and down the streets of Crown Heights hiding from raindrops as the hills here are mega hills for someone from flat ole Miami.

Either way, have a blessedly beautiful day and Remember... September is the peak of the Season and there will be Hurricanes out there... it's just a matter of time.

Besos Bobbi

Musical Bonus Songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoavDmJ1E7E (twisted lyrics but good video...)
or ....classic version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK0XKUPZif4

http://bollybrook.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home