Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bret, Cindy .... Waiting on Don

Y'all have to excuse me here as I haven't been covering Cindy nor have I paid much attention to Bret. Just not really prime time storms, they do have stormy weather in them but they are safely out at sea and I have been busy dealing with a problem my mother has with her eyes.

Long story short, she had a lot of tests and some treatments and am staying by her to help her out for a few days. She does not have TWC nor does she have wifi, in fact, she doesn't even have a computer. So, I've been tracking along on my droid and waiting for Don to develop or to set up wifi at her place which ever comes first.

I've heard a lot of people in the tropical world bitching that the NHC "waisted" a name on Cindy. Seriously?? I mean, really? Come on gang, get a life here. Though out at sea going towards the open Atlantic she still have strong winds and tropical storm weather and if you are traveling on a ship in that area I think you'd want the NHC to waste time giving advisories on her. It's just a run of the mill, boring storm out in open water. Many tropical systems are and they are often quite beautiful to watch even if we are a little bored with them.

There's a yellow circle up in the middle of the Atlantic at a low latitude focused on a wave that I like. I like it because it's got a nice, big pocket of moisture on it and one heck of a roll on the "juice loop" so keep watching.

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/tpw2/natl/anim/latest72hrs.gif

Looking forward to seeing Don on the maps sometime soon. If not this wave, the one exiting Africa today is luscious.

Keep watching... be back soon... say a little prayer for my momma cause it's sad enough to have poor hearing but then to lose your eye sight :(


Besos Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home