Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Tomas Aims At Gitmo, Windward Passage & Haiti

Well, to be honest I really think if this system had a strong center it would go over Haiti but it's basically nothing more than a Tropical Depression and I think the NHC is erring on the side of safety and keeping it a Tropical Storm. Hey... keeps everyone focused on praying the people of Haiti get spared so works for me.

Haiti is an island that has been using charcoal for heat and energy and they have cut down every tree they could find. My ex-husband used to say that Chelm must have been inspired by Haiti. There is no logic there except that is the way they have been living. Cut down a tree... sell it for charcoal, you make money. One friend after another from Haiti has explained to me this process and why they do it (to survive and feed their family...) and that Haiti no longer looks the way I remember it when I was there back in the 70s and it was a lush, verdant, tropical paradise.

So....any strong rain caused by upslope rainstorms intensified by the local topography can do tragic damage and create massive loss of life.

Hoping it hits Gitmo...

It's a matter of watching in real time and that is why TWC is reality TV at it's best so watch The Weather Channel and see Cantore stand in the rain and explain the drama and pray the bulk of the storm misses Haiti.

Either way, messy Tropical Storms cause more damage over a larger area than small, Category 1 Hurricanes often...

Prayers... watching...

Besos Bobbi

5 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What? No music? Disappointed, heartbroken and sober. Love to all once again and again and again.
Explanations no longer necessary, probably would be a category 5+ if there has to be any. Stay away.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think $2000.00 is reasonable enough, do you?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger BobbiStorm said...

Depends. A week. A month? Or am I getting a gift? Think I may need to send you cigarettes and chocolate

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, hmm without breaking too many hearts, I mean, you know, like the entire town, maybe the city, of course the county, I would say a month. (course I would like to go much higher than that- but that would not be very nice, and I really do know how to be nice, its an effort, but I can do it, I just don't play nice). My word verify is flaudi, looks funky to me too.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

plaupec (ROTFL!!)- oh hey, remember the cardinal rule, whats typed in the asylum remains in the asylum.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home