Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hurricane Tomas... Trick or Treat



Trick or Treat is the question here?

Tomas is poised to bring tropical troubles to someone in the Caribbean basin very shortly, after punching the islands in the stomach with endless rain and wind.


This is a HUGE system, look at the size of it and note it's intensity in all directions. Not some little small dot of weather with a ten mile wide area of strong winds... this storm is the Anti Storm of the 2010 season.. not the norm and not just some far away fluff to worry about that is going to possibly threaten Bermuda without affecting any other land mass.

Please pay attention to Tomas if you have interests in the Caribbean ... and if you have interests in closer places you might want to keep, keeping an eye on Tomas ... just in case.

Took a walk on Hollywood Boardwalk tonight with my brother, incredibly strong breeze, live music up and down the Boardwalk and people in and out of costumes walked about, rollerbladed or biked up and down the boardwalk on the edge of November with one last holiday weekend of October to celebrate.

Busy here hanging out with the kids and their endless comings and goings as they watch movies, talk and do what kids do... I keep watching Tomas on my fone while movies play and kids play and I nibble at sushi or debate devouring the weight watchers ice cream.

I wonder... if this is all so cut and dry with regard to the track of Tomas. Can the 2010 Forcefield stay in effect long enough to continue to protect the US? Probably... still got a long time to go as some models have it looping around and hanging around the Caribbean while other models project it crisscrosses it's way north through the Mona Passage and makes a bee line to .. yup.. Bermuda :)



Who knows?

I do know one thing though...this is no storm to turn your back on and assume won't cause any trouble.

So as Tomas spins enjoy Halloween, enjoy what is left of October because Tomas will take us into November tropically speaking and November storms are often more unpredictable than October ones and am still personally hoping to see Walt form ...Waiting for Walt.. sounds like a Hollywood Movie, comedy... a little drama... wonder who would play Walt?

Take care and don't forget to tuck Tomas in and be thankful he is not raining or your parade tonight on Lincoln Road on South Beach.

Sweet Tropical Dreams
Bobbi

5 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm stuck on the Sushi, would you get really upset if someone close to you took it from you? I mean I wouldn't because I just really don't like Sushi to begin with, however I have not had much of anything, so with that said, oh wait, - hold on, can't say that. I have eyes and thoughts, oh can't say that either, all over the Caribbean, well technically it could go global (word verification word looks ok today) POSTED

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now the next word verification, is . Go figure. :)

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger BobbiStorm said...

Ummm ever since that divorce I am definitely allowed to say "POSTED" so yeah I posted and I am going to post and I am probably partially in the position of posting... don't you love alliteration first thing in the morning Fishing??

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can't think of anything better, carry on........as I explara.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger BobbiStorm said...

Fishing... this is my blog... it's sort of almost religiously a harbor.. a inner sanctum of peace (haha fishing get it) and really would not want everyone to be able to connect the dots to my life ..your life ... lives cause it reminds me of that movie i never liked really... but you know where HAL has a nervous breakdown and the computer goes fuzzy and the next thing you know I am worry about Mr King being cold at Red Sox games and he got the coat and all I got was a tee shirt and a pair of sox.

So, can we try to keep it tropical over here, you know code talk... like oh wow let's make a story about two weather casters who always talk in weather code :)

oh i am breaking rules... so listen I'm so confused I just spent 2 minutes trying to sign onto facebook with my gmail password, forget word verifications...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGsfwhb4-bQ

let's sort of try this again...

Hi.. my name is BobbiCane.. Storm... what's your name??? And, remember just keep this between us (haha)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home