Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Weather , Wind and Weddings



That's what I've got on my mind. Seems we "got weather" as Sharon says all the time. Lots of weather. Yesterday was a rain warning, this morning a wind warning. I woke up and it was like 2mph.. winds are now out of the SSW at 25 mph and amazing the barometer is really low at 29.32 and Falling. I never see it that low in Miami without some tropical storm being near by. I guess the barometer does drop before a weather change .. haha.

Seriously, spent a good part of the day looking through books and magazines at Books A Million ..great book store. Occurs to me this is my wedding and I do not have to argue with my mother or watch my ex-husband argue with my mother or the strange little Austrian printer who got into a fight with my ex-husband over the wording his mother demanded and the printer never saw and he refused to put on HIS invitations lol. Giggling. This should have been the first clue ..huh? And, if I want a purple bouquet or pink or a lollipop bouquet I could have it. Or white. In some ways, it's fun to get married when you are older... all the things the mothers want are no longer "shoulds" and "have tos" and you can pretty much do what you want within reason and budget and time allowing. So.. hits me, this could be fun. Also, quiet time weather wise in Miami so not like I have to worry on hurricanes or afternoon thunderstorms!

Great magazine...



Anyways, I'm in Raleigh and it's really windy outside so I have to go. Also, have appointments at the local high school with my daughter to check it out so we can see it up close and personal.. in bad weather lol.

Yesterday was a minor fast day so it was a long day, long, gray, cool day. Enjoyed breaking the fast with good friends and had an incredible blintz souffle with fresh, dark red strawberries and great coffee and chocolate kokosh cake. Yum!! Got amazing blackberries at Fresh Market for .98 cents a basket that are calling my name for breakfast!

Be well.. be patient and I'll be in touch.

Besos Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home