Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009!



So this is what most of us woke up to this morning... when we went on the computer to check the news, check our mail, check up on our world after a late night of watching the ball drop and the "2009" light up and decree that we have turned the page on one more year of our life!

So...before I google too many things this morning ..such as a recipe for a cake I want to make for tonight let me say...

Happy New Year!

May it beautiful and productive for all of you. May your dreams be realized into action and may you look back 365 days from now and welcome in 2010 with a smile and think what a good year 09 was :)

As for me and my fiance ;) lol (getting used to this) we went to my brother's house and sat with some friends he had over and talked and snacked and had pina coladas that my sister in law made and watched the ball drop. Went for a little walk outside together, looked at the stars... the glittering holiday lights down the block and enjoyed the beautiful, balmy and breezy Miami tropical night.

Tonight we are having a big open house sort of engagement party called a L'Chaim :)

Lots of cakes and drinks and stuff like that..

You know posting it yesterday made it seem very real for me. But, my daughter put it up on a bunch of sites and texted me to go online.. and there it was on the various Lubavitch sites we check out daily for news and information and there we were.. on Shmais and I sat at work on the computer and giggled and thought how great my kids are that they are so happy for us and how they do love to party and enjoy life and how "oh my goodness.. it was on Shmais.." Smiling..and Crownheights.info and col and onlysimchas and I think Shayna may have looked into a billboard in Times Square but it was too late in the day to get them to go out there and change one!



So... very official and am very happy and gee.. I really will have to figure out slosh charts and learn historical tracks for North Carolina Hurricanes because sometime later in the year I will be moving. Up north, to the very southern city of Raleigh. Rahleeee as they say. And, I will be that much closer to my kids in New York and close to one of my best, best friends in the world who already moved there the year before and how lucky can one girl get to have her husband and best friend from high school in the same place and they STILL have hurricanes and the seasons :)

They call them Inbetweeners.. something about people from New York who moved to Miami and then move back in between half way or... South Floridians who want to leave the hustle and bustle of Miami but who don't want to leave the South. Hmnnn well, we'll see.

For the meantime.. I am here, posting in blog land and enjoying the balmy, beautiful weather and the parrots flying about outside flying from the palm tree to the ficus trees!

Have a wonderful 2009!

Be happy, enjoy life and live your dreams!

Besos and Blessings..Bobbi
ps.. it is my Hebrew Birthday the 5th of Teves so.. am in party mode ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home