Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Sub-Tropical Storm Laura & Other Sweet Things



First and foremost.. a new storm formed in the Atlantic Basin over night. She is currently moving west-northwest however she is destined to turn it seems out to sea and follow Kyle into the North Atlantic.

Has this season given you variety or what? I know... a Cape Verde would have been nice, most trackers and researchers will not be happy with any season that does not have one long tracking storm that goes from the islands off of Africa with advisories as it passes past the Cape Verde Islands and slowly west bound around the largest Bermuda High that ever existed. From the getco it should form yet not strong enough to be pulled north. IF possible..it should dip wsw for at least 3 advisories before correcting itself west bound for our side of the planet. I think we are getting a little late for such a storm and it's a shame because the waves were there early this summer and then they fizzled as fall approached.

Either way there are more storms to form and looking forward to Marco. I've always had a thing for Marco. Yeah, yeah I know he did some bad things in the past but he was always fun, always colorful... in his youth and as he aged. Has there ever been a Hurricane Luke or Sonny I wonder?



Then there were the Marco storms that wiggled their way through the western carib trying to find a path out of there...




Or your typical late in the season ... I'll head NW towards Florida and "oh my gosh it's in my way.. I'm not a bad storm, I'm just trying to find the Atlantic!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_Storm_Marco_(1990)

So...though I cannot promise you a Cape Verde I think I can safely promise you a Tropical Storm or Hurricane Marco this year!

What a soap opera weather is..



I'm sure either way.. we will have mixed emotions about the rest of the season... Will Ike be the BIG storm from this year or is there some Mitch like M storm yet to form and terrorize or amuse some tropical tracker? Only time will tell...

As for Miami... a lot of rain is moving in from the Caribbean.

I'll be away for the Jewish High Holidays when we eat sweet foods and spend time with our families and friends welcoming in the Jewish New Year. I'll probably be back later today but if now... Sweet Dreams and have a Sweet, Happy and Healthy Year!

Making Sweet Potato Pie later today... Pineapple Upside Down Kugel came out just fine ;)

Love and kisses..Besos Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home