Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, July 14, 2008

Leap of Faith

One of my all time favorite movies and what is needed to believe in this Tropical Disturbance that looked far better last night than it does tonight. It still has shape, it has some rudimentary bands but it lacks a center. It's not stacked properly and moves in a spiraling way but more push me, pull me like as if part of it is not where it should be. John Hope would really complain about lack of convection and color. He was never one to wax poetic about a wave that couldn't keep it's oranges and reds to it.



We'll see.. does take a leap of faith but anything is possible in the Tropics where warm water temps are available for intensification.

Further East we have a wave I like better but I have been told to let it sit a bit, have patience and wait for it to come together.

Have patience. Leap of Faith. My gosh.. feel like some weather preacher man is standing on his soap box trying to give me inspirational weather moments and lessons on life. Hmmmmnnnn. No... don't go there Bobbi. LOL. Anyways...

Nice site that Jesse Farrel.. no... Feely...no Fuller. Wait let me check. Fuller. What was I thinking? Where was I? Nice site Jesse has put together and posting it here so I can remember where I left it and others can enjoy it. Pretty site, great palm tree... purpose of the site is to dedicate itself to Caribbean Weather. Carwea. Great name... sits in my mind funny like I've heard it before. Pretty, easy, simple site to surf for info with a beautiful Palm Tree on the top. Name reminds me of some book report I did once on some tribe of Indians maybe.. anyway, check it out and enjoy it!

http://carwea.weebly.com/index.html

What else?

Bertha. She has finally begun to move on and hopefully the wonderful people of Bermuda can pick up the pieces and clean up and get back to normal. At another time I will talk more on Bertha. Right now I am tired of talking about Bertha and looking at her and I am wondering more on Bermuda and why they have coconut palms so far north.

I am thinking about Columbus (Christopher) and if he really sailed through a hurricane during a time of year when hurricanes don't form. Maybe, perhaps in 1492 there was some warm period of time when the hurricane season was longer or different. Maybe great pockets of warm water existed that no longer exist. I mean the famous story of Ole Chris and the Hurricane that saved his life took place on July 1st, 1502. Early for a strong storm that most likely would have formed in the end of June and it would have had to survive shear in the Eastern Caribbean to get there wouldn't it? So.. maybe in the late 1400s and early 1500s hurricanes were stronger and formed earlier. I mean Columbus wouldn't have lied would he? Not to mention there were eye witnesses and it was recorded. So much we don't know for sure. A shame we can't interview him and ask him questions on hurricanes and his life.

We can do so much in this world today and yet the secrets of Time Travel elude us always.

Yet, we think we know so much but do we really know of the past and the storms of the past? I wonder with eyes wide open and a mind that thirsts to know and learn without preconceived notions.

Going to bed. I have a big day tomorrow. Lots of work to do and in the afternoon I get to play hooky and hear Dr. Bill Gray speak over at NHC/HRD RASsomething other on pretty Virginia Key. Tired tonight but looking forward to hearing him speak and read a paper and see some friends and maybe, hopefully learn more about hurricanes than I know tonight.

It's an ongoing science.. an ongoing process a never ending story unfolding constantly on the always flowing Water Vapor Loop.

I love it.

Again...watch the wave and enjoy the weather!

Besos Bobbi
Ps...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/eumet/eatl/wv.jpg

(Happy Belated Birthday Preacher Boy)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home