Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dolly @ 5PM and Honey I'm Home :)



Okay, went AWOL this afternoon. Left the loops to those who do the looping best and went to the Mall. Aventura Mall. You'll have to scroll down for the rest of the pics. Nah.. know you are reading this blog for my posts not the pictures ;)

So, I'm not good at the Mall. Take a girl whose been working in libraries for the last ten years or more and put her in the Mall and it's like a Jacuzzi of sound not bubbles. Never heard so much noise, one store's music bleeds into the other. Returned a purse, couldn't find one I liked to replace it. Spent quality time at Victoria Secrets with a gift card someone sent me :) and came home smelling from Pure Seduction, Breathless and Rapture and some nice hair curl gel scented spray.

Figured a storm like Dolly deserves a trip to Victoria Secrets!

Hey...we all have our priorities...

Played at the Apple Store with the I-Touch. Can get on Hurricane City and Wundergound (which almost sort of loops the satellite image) but you really can't animate the way I want to with it. Even the I-Phone doesn't really animate though I have been told you can download "Apps" however the girl helping me with really pretty green nail polish couldn't figure out how to download. My son who is with Apple running business accounts says you can. He also says the key board is easy to get used to. Played with the new sidekick and having problems deciding if I can go Blackberry or I am forever a Sidekick girl? I mean if they don't loop... what difference does it make? Verizon's supposedly has one that loops. Will have to check this out later. On a brighter note the nice man at T-Mobile did say I smelled good though ;)

Hard to decide... do I upgrade to a Pearl.. which I think is easier a keyboard to use than the Iphone and less breakable and get a I-touch for other things or stay with the Sidekick? We'll see.. time will tell. Not like I'm going to be able to use any good services in Postville.. last time I was there it only let me talk on the sidekick and my Virgin Mobile got thrown in the toy box in "off/no service mode" and it took days for someone to come across it and get it back to me. Yeah, I know.. they put up some new cell towers... right...

So........back to Dolly.

Dolly is like this.. A WildCard. and no I don't mean Virgin Mobile's sucky phone my son has and keeps returning for new ones. Well, they weren't meant to be landed on when jumping 6 stairs with your skateboard but anyways...

Dolly.... she is a wild card or even possibly a Wild Cat!

You see right now she is still rolling along doing the tango with the Upper Level Low that brought her to the party. But, the Upper Level Low is beginning to finally get tired and might be leaving early to go home and catch it's breath down on the Yucatan. Perhaps it's going to go diving and let Dolly dance on.

She is moving NW.. not west, not west north west and I am still not sure if we have the right cords as she is a sneaky system and she might be more to the north or she might reform more to the north and in which case she is in a better position to stay over water longer.

Either way she is going to track across the flat Yucatan (just because it looks like a mountain peak do not think there are big mountains there... it's flat like Florida) and she's moving at a decent clip. Once in the Gulf she will be over warm water with a high aloft. Wait.. let me quote the discussion very warm water. She will be in excellent position to intensify rapidly into something she is not now which is a real player. She could get tired and fall apart and lolly gag around the Gulf of Mexico looking for a new upper level low or front to catch her eye and just become a messy rain storm.

My money is on Dolly.

This is a system that could have died a dozen times as she tracked her way across the big wide Atlantic. A little bit of this wave, a little bit of that wave, a mid level center, a low level center ... find a center. She has been playing peek a boo for some time but if we believe the models they have her number and they are expecting her to pull a fast one in the Gulf of Mexico in a few days.

We'll see... possibly.

Either way I am including directions for Dolly in case she wants to spruce up for any new gentleman callers. You know how cute those storm chasers can be...not sure Jim Edds will notice as he sloshes by in the surf but hey Dolly go for it.. you only live once ;)

Victoria's Secret Galveston Area
100 Highway 332 W
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
(979) 292-0216‎
www.victoriassecret.com

Victoria's Secret Brownsville Area
2370 N Expressway # 1158
Brownsville, TX‎ - (956) 547-9773

For Dolly... think maybe something cowgirl like or pink.








As for Africa... oh well... that's full of color, red, intensity... long haul girl. Got lots of time to decide which outfit fits that one and imagine that one will be Edouard and maybe need to look for some baby blue nightgowns for Eddie boy...

But, then what do I know?

Either way.. I'm homed, back at the loops, paying the bills and trying on my new.. make up ;)

Chow for Now.. Bobbi!
(gloves and all... I'm good!)





Blue... for Edouard ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home