Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, June 20, 2008

AWOL in Key West! Taking a Tropical Vacation..

Doing my rights of summer and the hurricane season and taking a break from tropical tracking and staying down the block from the NWS lol.. I can see the balloon launch at 7! Winds 2mph out of the SW and was 92 degrees when I rolled into town.

Figured I'd do Shabbos and the Summer Solstice. Go to my favorite Temple and then go by the Grotto and say a prayer to protect this island from a damaging storm this year!

And.. seeing friends and relaxing and being myself.. which would mean I'd be in Key West :)

The wave is acting up a bit.. will probably act up more but how much can it really do? Keep watching it and all other waves and relax a bit cause in a few weeks I promise you'll have way too much to track and think on... hot water and what most impresses me is the distance between the waves coming off of Africa as well as the size. Nice big waves, far apart not bumping into each other on the Tropical Highway from Africa to the SE Coast. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Donna like storm this year, maybe.. keeps nagging at me the thought.

Poinciannas are more red and full than I ever remember.. gorgeous here in paradise!

Got to go get some things to make Shabbos and relax and take a swim.



;) Besos Bobbi!

1 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool Bobbi! That guy is great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home