Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dean Makes 2nd Landfall, 100mph



Quick update on the daring Dean who is about to make landfall on the Mexican coast for a 2nd time. Luckily, he only has 100 mphs winds right now and is 60 or so short of his last landfall.

Something about a Category Five hurricane that brings out every cliche across the media net. "Yet to write the last chapter" "Next chapter" "Second Coming" "Sequel" etc.. heard more cliches this morning on the weather than I have in ages. A category five is just so real, so big... somehow you can't argue a hurricane doesn't have a personality when it is an entity this large.

Dean is the 1st Category 5 Hurricane to actually make landfall as a Category 5 as so many lose five miles per hour or ten just prior to landfall.

2007 starts off in a big way, what next?

What next indeed. So.. great picture there, looks like Dean is playing Cat's Cradle.. cradled in the Bay of Campeche in some protective cocoon like state. At 7 they weren't expecting rapid intensification, at 11 he is back up to 100mph.

As for the Bahama Blob.. it looks like a frontal boundary suddenly and nothing more. Hope not.. need a quiet weekend w/o worrying on hurricane supplies. Should be quiet until the Atlantic gets going again with the new wave off of Africa or one of the next ones. Nice storms coming off the coast of South America this morning.

So... since it is slow I just wanted to make a little note here I'm tired, been a long few weeks for me personally and I do not need added stress in my life of the Hollywood kind so... Hello Hollywood, Goodbye Hollywood, please I am not in the mood to be a muse and not amused. I want NORMAL. I want love. I want a life. I want sunrise and sunset with someone by my side, holding me tight, staring up at the big full moon. I retired. Go away, be well, be happy, be healthy, be passionate about everything you do but.. no, no, no... say it ain't so and just hop along cassidy, yall hear now..

Nice song, stuck in my mind, love it, Play It Again Sam, enjoy the music..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home