Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Back In The Saddle, Tropical Storm Dean forming in the Eastern Atlantic.



Hey everyone, back in the saddle, back on the mainland, back at work. I was a little under the weather so I needed to take a few days off.

But... Dean calls. Darling Dean who seems to be intent on making a run on the Antilles and possibly somewhere further down the road on the Hurricane Coast of the United States.

Yes.. he may recurve out to sea. He may fall apart after hitting Hispanola or some Upper Level Low but those are a lot of "ifs" and he is very, very far away as I type this so.. basically my purpose this morning is to give a real "heads up" and say "Hi, ya'all" and good to be back.

Friends of mine who really know storms.. love this one and that says a lot to me because even if I think it has a lot of dust to swallow and injest and some shear from the high to it's north and I think it's moving a bit too fast to get it's act together but.. and this is a real BUT.. I defer to those who know so much more than me and they really think this is the real thing.

A real Cape Verde. The first we've seen in a while.

The Holy Grail sort of.. of Trackers and Researchers.

As for me... Shabbos in Key West was wonderful. The scents of a million flowers blooming in the baking sun, all mixed together into some incredible tropical scent that cannot be named other than to say it smelled like "Key West" I went by the Hurricane Grotto. I took a walk on Shabbos over to Bnai Zion which has to be one of the nicest, most beautiful congregations anywhere. Had a nice brunch with friends and... great food by my host who is a gourmet chef and slept, rested and read a bit the book called Hemingways Hurricane. More on that later.

But... for now, tropics call and nothing is more important than watching Dean. Unless you are in Hawaii... keep an eye on Flossie.
I'm not sold on the Gulf, nice upper level low spinning down near Key West, pinwheeling around.

Back later with more details. The devil is always in the details and the Devil will be Dean if some of the models play out that make him a Cape Verde Hurricane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home