Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Totally Tropical Today.. Tropical Wave Moves West




Nice wave midway across, hanging in there better than most people thought it would but still has a lot of shear and dry air to fight off.

The shear is harassing the hell out of the waves and even though they say it is a neutral year the feel of it still says "el nino" even though the sat images of water temps shows neutral.

Noaa finally made the news official that La Nina is not coming to a tropical theatre near you anytime this summer.

I knew that.... we all knew that but now it is official casue NOAA says.

I have some nice pics of my son from his tour of the NWS down there this week. Might post them if I have time again in this century. So much catching up to do.

So... not talking on other things that are bugging me cause I am staying tropical and said I wouldn't so I am not.

I received this pic in an email from WXAMERICA and it's a great pic.
Says a lot... nice little wave westbound and down and trucking..
another pretty wave over Africa about to enter the ocean.

Nothing happening in our basin as we move further into the month of July... running out of time for things to develop for this season to meet all expected goals.

Should be interesting to see what Dr. Bill says in August update.. or Phil, whatever :) Whoever... they are both brillant and always fun to read and much to learn from by reading Dr. Gray's reports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home