Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

SW Sunday, Nothing In the Tropics



Not much to look at in the tropics today. Went with my brother out to the SouthWest :) He did appraisals and I hung out at the corner of my life.. or one of them. Nice... now the drug store is a CVS.. figures and everything else mostly looks the same. Sat in Barnes and Noble and worked on a magazine article that has to go to the editor and be done...

Thought... relaxed, thought on how "normal" home is... South Miami, Suniland.. even spent some time at The Falls. Okay, bought more conditioner on sale at Victoria Secrets, what has to me my 100th black V neck tee shirt from The Gap on sale for all of 4.99. I was like.. "how much is this?" and she responds "4.99" and I'm like SOLD! lol

Ate lunch at Wild Oats (the old Publix) with my brother, some salad stuff and fruit cups and well..

Just nice... got on Dixie Highway and made that big curve and the whole eastern sky lit up with lightning strikes like white veins across a purple grey sky. Heard on the weather radio that a storm was parked over South Beach and I thought.. oh my office is probably flooding... it does that sometimes.

FIFTEEN INCHES OF RAIN in Miami in June and it's starting over in July.

So...watching waves... barely, watching saharan dust this season and mjo
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/wavetrak/movies/m8g10split/m8g10splitjava5.html

Some people think it's just junk data but I don't think so.. going to focus on it all season and see what I think for sure at the end of the season.

Anyways.... nothing much happening.. just thinking on childhood sunday drives with my family to South Miami, hanging out in high school with Linda, Alan and Ed looking for things to buy at the 7 11 or whatever that store was called. Hanging out with Judd during the divorce, something about the best food in Miami is right there in South Miami. So... many nights out nearby there up and down Dixie. Jay's favorite Publix where I used to shop with my father when the kids were going to therapy after the seperation/divorce. I think I bought my wedding gown there. I did.. and Linda did too. And, Brian and I used to go hang out at Marshalls whatever that was called late at night when we took the car out on long rides on the Old Highway... through the Grove, out to Sunset... cousin Brian and I sharing a big hot fudge sunday. Uncle Oscar taking us to the Lake... my ex, my father..gosh all the men in my life for years would somehow end up there... love that corner, as much as it changes, it stays the same. The FLICK though is gone but not forgotten.

Did I mention there are NO TROPICAL STORMS???

Why are you reading this? :)
Why am I typing it?

Cause Jay is reading it in Greece.. so I owe him :)

As for you and you and you and ...you Mr. Writer... break the writers block and write on ..

Besos, Bobbi

Ps..did I mention I am pretty darn sure Miami/South Florida is gonna get slammed with a storm similar in nature to Irene? Yup.. I am. You heard it here, mark the spot and the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home