Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Chantal Out To Sea, Tropics A Bit Quiet Tonight

A lot of hype about the season starting now that we are about to go into Prime Time August yet a storm that was minimal that was on the maps about 24 hours is not exactly big news. Unless you live in Nova Scotia or New Foundland.

Jim Williams did make a really good webcast today. He mentioned a regatta that might be affected, more than I heard anywhere on TV about Chantal's real life as a "Tropical Storm" Jim makes it real... he is real. He is very good at what he does.
Even though a storm is far away from Miami and Houston and Charleston it still does affect people somewhere and he brings that point home by doing his homework and caring. You can all learn a lot from Jim doing his update at hurricane city.

So... looking around the basin there are some areas to watch and the Canadian model still develops my wave down there by the islands that I like but...it is really still a blob of convection with some low pressure connected to it..nothing more.

I've been a little silly today. A little down. A litle realistic.

Life goes on as my favorite minister likes to say and be it a tornado or a hurricane or death.. life still goes on. Somewhere a baby is born, a wave rolls off of Africa and the moon rises and sets even if the clouds are in the way and you can't watch it ....

HurricaneCity is a great place to spend your time with good friends, some I know offline and most I know online and... if you want to know what's happening in the tropics check with Chris and DM and Target and Canetrakker and well ... they all contribute and I leave out names (sorry) but the point I am trying to make is:
I am so thankful for the gang at HurrCity and to Jim for keeping it going. I'm thankful for my job and my kids and my friends and my son's dog who guards over me and barks too much when a guy comes over I date... and... well she must have been my old dog in a previous life time .......

But..... for tonight, the tropics are quiet tonight.
Tomorrow... August... Get Ready, Remember September.
Happy August.. get ready but today we can say goodbye to Chantal.. who will not be around much more... move it on down the line, next...
nite.. chow for now, Bobbi

Ps
For all of my friends who put up with me :) as I do them.. I love you, stay safe and smile. Life does go on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home