Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tropical Depression



Oh.. no, sorry no Tropical Depression has formed... just talking about the song and the great CD I am listening to..

So... I heard on the weather radio that there is a tropical wave that may move north into our area (miami) and give us some rain later in the forecast period.

Okay... not a depression, but I am a bit tropically depressed I think so... posting these lyrics and maybe someone will read them and understand.

Warm and sunny on Miami Beach today. Rather be in the Keys. Rather be a few places but I am here.. working.

A few weeks or so should bring us to some real tropical depressions with chords and advisories and stuff like that but for now... this is the only one I can find.

I love Alan Jackson, I love him so much I forget I'm not listening to Jimmy Buffett lol. Go figure.

So..will dedicate this post to the once love of my life who sat with me and watched Jimmy sing his heart out at the FLICK way back when and told me that "this guy is gonna make it" and so he did because... Ed knows music. Wish I still knew Ed. How is that for honesty huh??? Huhh??

Honestly, a bit tropically depressed.. I'll kick it soon or I will kick someone or something, don't worry.. down but not out and there is always the 5pm bus to Key West as a last resort.

Love Bobbi

************** I wish I knew how to type an ampersand or whatever it's called



Tropical Depression
Artist/Band: Jackson Alan
Lyrics for Song: Tropical Depression
Lyrics for Album: Greatest Hits 2
I thought some time in the sun
Would help me get over you
But I could tell from day one
This is a place meant for two

Now here I sit on the beach
Watching the tide ebb and flow
I booked my room for a week
But now I'm ready to go

I'm in a tropical depression
I've got the blue water blues
Can't shake this loving you obsession
Can't stand this sand in my shoes
This forgetting you vacation
Is just a fool's holiday
If I can't get over you
This tropical depression is gonna
Blow me away

This should be paradise
Heaven down by the sea
Without you here by my side
It feels like hell to me

I'm in a tropical depression
I've got the blue water blues
Can't shake this loving you obsession
Can't stand this sand in my shoes
This forgetting you vacation
Is just a fool's holiday
If I can't get over you
This tropical depression is gonna
Blow me away

If I can't get over you
This tropical depression is gonna
Blow me away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home