Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Winter Wonderfland...

It occurs to me that I haven't blogged here in some time.

Well, between the tropics being quiet, work being busy, the Jewish Holidays wild and things going on in general I haven't blogged.

I feel bad.

I'm sorry.

Forgive me.

Is anyone reading this???
:)

Cool weather has sifted it's way down to Miami. I wore my suede boots to work (brown, high heels, high boots.. very sexy and cool) and I wore a sweater today briefly, ever so briefly over my long sleeve shirt. Jean skirt. Winter clothes. Winter............... OH WOW WINTER!!

And, rumor has it (bad phrase) that another front is winding it's way down the state later this week. Wow, breezes blowing and palm trees fluttering and people dressed in winter looking clothes. Had to have been in the low 70s.. maybe 60s. Felt like it was 35 ya know?

Anyways... so what else can we blog about?

Nothing. I'm tired. In a good mood, just too tired to blog.

After a long day at work, a long ride to work and a long ride home from work... it feels good to get in bed, rest my head and do nothing but babble absurdities about life with a scatologically minded friend who is fun to play with in the sandbox of life.

Why? Sometimes there is no why. Or scarily, oddly, surprisingly... "why, because I like to" "because it feels good" because it obviously takes two to lose your mind.

Ever have a train of thought conversation with someone that enters one tunnel and arrives miles down the track at the end of a different tunnel? Chooo chooing it's way through time and space. One long, proverbial road trip.

Ewww... had a horrible thought just now. Pictured this Road to Bali sort of musical. You know Bing and Bob lol (giggling here) and me dressed up in a tank top and a long sarong skirt. There's Bing with some odd Carmen Miranda outfit on.. you know, bananas and cherries and berries oh my.... (i wonder if he has body hair) and there's Bob.. looking annoyed that he got dragged onto this adventure. Road to Ghana or Road to Zimbawegiggling and I wonder... WHY AM I DOING THIS? And, the only answer I can think of is............ someone telling me "just think of it as a road trip" and I nod and think .. "okay, I've been kidnapped, may as well have fun.........."

Life is like that sometimes. You end up with people you didn't plan on ending up with... one minute you were looking one way down the block and the next minute someone is tapping you on the shoulder, tap, tap, tap and before you know it you can't remember why you are where you are but all you can think of is that it is soooo much fun.

And, to be honest. I don't want to give up fun.

And, to be honest. I think someone needs me.

And, to be honest. I need them.

Go figure this one.

Capricorn Bobbi sitting here staring at this and trying to make some sense of it all when bottom line is .. you can't make any sense of it. I mean .. I can't, how could you? How could anyone?

So.............just gonna sit back and have fun.

All I could think of today, from early in the morning to later in the afternoon was a night at the beach with a friend of mine. Breeze was blowing, we were talking, they were assuring someone they were okay and safe on the secluded beach (does someone here not trust me) and picking up papers and throwing them in the garbage lol giggling ..........no seriously. Was a nice night. Ever have a night like that? Just where you park the car, go walk on a beach, talk to a friend. No funny business. No arguing. No kvetching. No deep discussions about life. Just walking along.. thinking on nothing but the breeze, stars and stolen moments to have fun with a good friend. Was a nice night.. a very nice night. Nights like that don't come along often.

So, when you have a chance to enjoy time with a much loved friends... you don't stop and wonder "what the heck am I doing?" ... you have fun.

Did Cleopatra tell Romeo that Rome wasn't built in a day? Did Juliet tell Mark Anthony that it was a long, long way to Verona? Did Anais Nin tell Henry Miller he was a sick little pervert and he should hit the road Jack and get back to the USSR? No.......... Did Dale Evans tell Roy Rogers she liked Tonto better... (grin, smile.. oh come on, that was funny) ...

Well????

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pale of water.. and they both laughed all the way down the hill..broken crown and laughter.

I know, making no sense here.. and you know what?

I don't have to..

Tropic of Cancer is over... we are moving into Tropic of Capricorn and not only do I get to wear the nice seude boots but next time I wear those really awesome dress jeans I wore on Laguna Beach on Oscar weekend back a few years ago............ I can wear a Jimmy Buffett Margarittaville Hurricane Tee Shirt. Would have been nice to lose the bet and have some serious storms slide by but I have winter.

And, a friend was right. Cirque Du Soleil (however you spell that) was awesome..

Trust in friends to help you find your way back home.

Love Bobbi
Now I have blogged. Officially!

That was Bing Crosby in that movie right? Why do I think I am picturing Danny Kaye and not Bing Crosby? Will have to google this.. love and besos.. Bobbi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home