Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Starbucks Morning :) & a Wave Worth Watching

This is the most incredible cup of coffee I have had in ages. It is more a coffee creation, a java masterpiece more than "just a cup of joe"

Tall Caramel Macchiado with an extra shot of expresso, whipped cream, light caramel and sugar free vanilla. Every sip is orgasmically delicious. It rolls across the tongue, around the taste buds, goes down smooth like Stevie Wonder Jazz songs on a tropical morning on South Beach. All the palms fronds gently swaying like the hips on all the pretty Spanish women walking down Lincoln Road looking for coffee and the El Herald. Miami at it's finest. Bright, breezy, delicious and smelling of freshly brewed Starbucks Coffee.

Welcome to my world as I pop a grape into my mouth and nibble on a piece of very good cheese.

And... wonders of wonders, there is a wave with possibilities of a path different from all the rest. One shot in the dark of a named storm that doesn't follow the pack. I don't even know if it will get a name. If it gets a "TD status" and a number I'll be thrilled, almost satisfied.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/catl/loop-wv.html

Look at it hovering just east of the Islands. How can you bother looking at the latest Fish storm when that little system keeps spinning its hips around like that? Color, continuity, seperating from the long tail of Number 9.

Yeah, has a hard road ahead if it even tries to develop further. Diving trough in the Caribbean and Upper Level Lows all around spinning like they own the friggin Ocean. Then again, that trough may have dived as deep as it's gonna get and might pull back in time for this little baby to have some running room. I mean does that air want to make all the way to Venezuela or something?

Wow, just took another sip of coffee, wow... incredible... waiting for the water vapor loop to loop. Staring at my tall bottle of Acqua Panna with the lion staring back at me. I remember a ring someone had with a lion's head, who was that.. Do I care? From the Hills of Tuscany that bottle waits for me while I finish my macchiado and this loop finally loads.. watching here with me in real time baby... so read a long.

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_wv_east_loop-12.html

Okay, see this is the thing.. this wave has a possibility to lay low, go slow, build even slower and hang in long enough for the synoptics to rest up a bit after the passage of that frontal trough (don't you love that phrase? "frontal trough") and well not expecting big things of it but think it has a chance at some advisories at least and the possibilty of a few named storm days in it.

So.. keep watching, as it is a wave worth watching.

Otherwise.. been a good few days. Fun, different. Friends from Key West were in town with great taste in food and greater conversation. Went to Grill Time for the most amazing steak I have had in ages, grilled to perfection with Asian and Tropical Fusion something or other.. perfectly rare (cooked, but not too cooked) and lots of little salads to poke at and play with and delicous mashed potatoes, a bottle of very nice french, red wine and a chocolate heart shaped blintz thing where you poked the fork in and very perfect chocolate cream came pouring out across the plate. Good food, good friends, good discussion... nice little diagrams of storm tracks on place mats :) Nice! Put me in a good mood for a few days, then went with a friend to show him the Russian Grocery Store up in Sunny Isles and he bought me some caviar for a present for the Holidays.. Sukkos, coming fast around the corner after Yom Kippur. Fantasy Fest in the Keys coming shortly after that... part of me would love to go, I mean the Weather Department is being honored. Don't you think I should go? Come on... Any excuse is a good excuse.

Deb and Moe moving into the house for a few months with that dingo dog of his (Austrailian Shepherd with mixed dingo blood) and except for that trip to Italy they are taking... give me a good chance to hit the road a bit myself.. let Carmella watch the house and the kids.

So... we having any tropical trouble in October?

My roof is almost finished...

Redsox out of it. Need something to track besides cookie crumbs scattered across the web from someone and his friends...

Oh this coffee is good, brew me another cup of joe and listening to that Key West and Key Waisted song in my head :)

Except I'm not living in a drunken stupor and not eating a great grouper.. I'm drinking macchiados and nibbling on little cubes of cheese..

Starbucks Morning!


Check it out.. Grill Time.. great place, beautiful, sweet people and steaks grilled to perfection.. almost as good as Starbucks!

http://www.greatrestaurantsmag.com/KOSHER/restaurant_view/71/

Usually I get the Hurricane Rolls, of course :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home