Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, September 04, 2006

NOT QUITE A NAMED STORM... LOOKS LIKE A BAD SCI FI MOVIE...

this post should be called, "Three Faces of Florence"

Tropical Depression 6 looks like a bad science fiction movie. Like some B movie from the 50s or 60s.. sort of like some SuperWeather Hero shot it with a Johnny Ray Gun and it has broken apart and each smaller center is vying to survive and be the one to lay the claim for fame to be the Big Bad Florence that is forecast to develop a little bit slower than perviously thought.

It's like Gunfight at the OK Corral, have to wait til the dust settles to see which gunfighter is left standing.

Heard the Steelers QB had an emergency appedictomy, that was lost in some long IM on wet, atmospheric conditions I was having with a fellow tracker and didn't catch it until I was about to click out of the very tropical discussion. Think lying in his hospital bed recovering he is in better condition than Tropical Depression 6 and thanks to my Hurricane buddy for mentioning it and bringing me back to the real world from the various, tropical scenarios we were deeply discussing. What a Tempest of a Storm can be pondered on while TD6 flounders about looking for it's center. (Let's hope it doesn't find it) Maybe it should join the Kabbalah Centre, you know and look deep down into the depths of her soul and see what is really in a name, if she can get a name, where does she want to go in life, what is her purpose?? Come on Six... get with the program here..

So, discussion from the National Hurricane Center which sounds more like Lex Luthor trying to find kryptonite to scare off Superman says it best this morning in their 5am.

"THE CIRCULATION CONTINUES TO BE BROAD WITH SEVERAL POSSIBLE CENTERS. ALTHOUGH BANDING FEATURES REMAIN IMPRESSIVE...THEY ARE SOME WHAT REMOVED FROM THE ESTIMATED CENTER. BASED ON THIS ANALYSIS AND UNCHANGED DVORAK INTENSITY ESTIMATES"

So, then I wonder...how does Avila end with "GIVEN THE POORLY DEFINED CENTER...THE ESTIMATED INITIAL MOTION OF 310/10 IS UNCERTAIN."

which contradicts pretty much the earlier discussion as at first they say it has several possible centers and then they say the poorly defined center.

Which is it guys? I guess you were also having deep, tropical discussion and analysis this morning over there... wow, what a thought to ponder on..

Seems to me.. this whole thing is poorly planned, poorly defined and poorly thought out.

Yes, I know the models want to take it and aim it STRAIGHT AT FLORIDA AND THE SE COAST..

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hurricane/nhc-story.asp?partner=accuweather&story=3

But, poor Bastardi now has to worry on a sick quarterback and a sick tropical depression. I'm sorry Joe.. and I am hoping the Canes beat the Noles today too!

My problem here is this: I have to take my son to buy shoes at Payless today and I don't want to..

No... Bobbi, be serious (I am serious lol I want to have fun today!!!)

Seriously TROPICALLY SPEAKING:

THIS IS MY PROBLEM:
THERE HAS NOT BEEN A BIG MASSIVE BLOCKING HIGH ALL SUMMER SO FAR AND I AM HAVING A PROBLEM BELIEVING IN THIS PREDICTED SUPER HIGH THAT IS GOING TO DEVELOP SUDDENLY AND BLOCK ANY NORTHERN MOVEMENT AND BRING HER IN AS A BIG MASSIVE, HUNKERING STORM..

I'm sorry, I'm not a believer until I see her..

For one we are dealing with models that are guessing at a real center which means we are guessing at a real storm.

Second, the timing is off.

Third, the high has not built in and it is still being pulled north ..or one of the centers is being pulled north.

This is some sloppy sci fi movie at best and if I am going to watch a movie today it is going to be Twister.. as I have been hungering for it for days now.

Meanwhile...there is more rain falling over my house right now, heavy, heavy, big, cold (COLD) raindrops pounding my house, flooding my street and my son who needs the new shoes just called this rainstorm the "STORM OF THE CENTURY" and I bet it just shredded my blue roof..hope not...

So.. going to go watch the rain and think upon the amazing different tropical scenarios my Hurricane Buddy gave me to think upon...

THIS IS A STORM IN MIAMI .. www.intellicast.com (go to radar and zoom in)
that is not a storm.. its a mess...

I'll check back later and see what the mess is doing and maybe it will have found it's center..

Meanwhile, watch the wave closer to Africa.. think it could be the real thing.. while this messy, large wave wettened up the atmosphere giving the real wave something to work with..

Good luck Joe.. hoping the Fins Win and the Canes Roll Over the Noles..

CHOW FOR NOW, Bobbi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home