Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Topical Update ALA Mode

Soup du jour or Pie of the Day...
Whatever you call it... update from Bobbi late in the evening on July 30th, 2006.
This is topical... if you want tropical... skim on down to the bottom and you will get satellite loops and sites and thoughts enough to make you intensify... but first a message from your sponsor.. ME :)

Nothing really happening in the tropics and yet.. it's busy enough you got to look, you got to peak, you got to check a bit just in case something began to spin.

It was a good day all in all though I didn't get much of anything accomplished except for a few bills and phone calls.

I had/have a headache. A bad one. Sinus probably though who knows for sure. :(
Miserable, horrible headache with whipped cream on top, the works.

I tried sleep. I tried drugs. I tried taking a walk.
I went back to sleep.

Dina is ironing her hair in Los Angelos.
Levi is at a wedding in Colorado.

Just think two kids on the other side of the Great Divide.

Shuky is doing the tropics in Israel while promising to be careful.

Rivky just got in with Emily from somewhere.. dinner at not in but at Jerusalem Pizza.

Miriam left the house after making a ticket for NY.

Is anyone in this family not traveling today or this week?

Me it seems.

I am traveling down to Miami Beach tomorrow.. to work.

As for Chris... will Chris travel or won't Chris travel? We will know as soon as he forms. One thing I can promise you... Moi Bear will be watching as always to see where Chris goest.

As for me.........I'm going to bed or to the world of realization.

Realization that I was stupid a few years ago and afraid of things which I am no longer afraid of but it may be too late to do anything about.

What is that stupid German saying.. we learn too late too smart?

I realized something this week, hit me hard and not sure I can do a thing about it other than admit it... even if only to myself.. maybe to Sharon.

But.. not on this blog, not this blogger.

I will smile, I will go on and I will pop a chocolate covered almond in my mouth and close my eyes and smile......and remember moments when you feel as if you are touching heaven and I will smile.

As for the tropics and the ongoing saga of the upcoming Hurricane Season of 2006.. it looks like we make it through the rest of July without a named storm.

Wouldn't bet the farm on that for August... expect August to take off like a lion not like a lamb.

So...what do you do when you admit something to yourself or your diary?
Pray like crazy, damn the devil and sell your soul if only..

Well, I know how Gillian felt. Sometimes we don't understand what we do but I understand why she did what she did... she didn't want Shep to walk out that door and go off with Merle Kitridge or Merle Norman or Merle Beryl or Caramel Swirl so she put a spell on him so that he would walk back in through the door and see only her and he did. Like a revolving door, smiling.. yeah.

Where's Pyewacket when you need him?

Stuck with Skeetobyte when I need Pyewacket.

Nite.. love Bobbi
Aunt Queenie, Gillian.. does it matter tonight who I am?

Don't think so not really... you just want to know about Chris.

Poor Kerry Emmanuel... not a storm in sight to be named after him.. maybe one day.

Go Redsox, even when you are losing I love you. That is what life is all about. We don't choose the things we love or the people............ we just love them.

Love Bobbi

Tropical Update below..

Tracks forecasted for a system that doesn't even exist.

This is mind you like daydreaming on a sunday afternoon... maybe even a phrase i wouldn't use here but it is a graph, it is up online and worth showing..

If it wasn't so hot today in Miami I would go for a long walk and do something... but it's Miami, it's hot. I pay a fortune to spend 2 days a week in this house while I am away the rest of the week and I am damn well going to enjoy it.

Wish the ice cream truck would come by even though Mendy and Miriam shared their Ben and Jerrys with me earlier but it was toooo tooo sweet. Who invented a flavor called Half Baked Cookie Dough??

http://www.skeetobiteweather.com/picservice.asp?t=m&m=99

Of course...here is the same graph, just without the website of skeetobyte

http://www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/plots/storm_99.gif

and here is the visible.. which may not be so visible depending on when you read this..

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/flt/t1/vis-l.jpg

Very dry area out there all around the pretty little wave that is crying for help right now.. right now that orange and red breathing dragon is saying us from having named Storms...

http://hadar.cira.colostate.edu/ramsdis/online/Lasttrpg8wvL.html

So...that is my world tropically today.

I have a horrible headache. Shame. Really a shame. I know a good cure but it's not available, around..tylenol isn't working. Maybe I'll take a nap.

Some kids (theoretically kids) wrote swastikas onto the synagogue at the end of my block and nearby around the corner and on a few jewish stores.. nice, very nice, mature displays of poorly reared children.

Imagine the display of affection shown in Seattle at the Jewish Federation there may inspire copycat displays elsewhere around the country.

Shame we don't learn to copy and emulate good and not evil.

Whatever.. in my world I'll take a hurricane over hatred and rascism anyday. They are non-political and non-denominational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home