Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Yud Aleph Nisan - Sunday in the Meyer House NMB

Listening to a CD that was made at some concert of Matisyahu when he was in Baltimore. One of the kids brought with them from NY "hard to find gems" for me...

Getting to hear him sing a few things, long versions... shema yisroel.. very nice.
She also brought be some silky scarves from Israel that she's trading me like trading baseball cards with kids. Her lavendar one has some beautiful colors in it and is darker than mine which looks better on her...

Today is Yud Aleph Nissan. A rather big day in the world of Chabad-Lubavitch.

I remember when I first came to Chabad, years ago, I would get upset that the men ran off to NY to be by the Rebbe while the women were home cleaning for Pesach. Seemed... not right. They would come back, erev Pesach with Koshel Brocha.. matza.. wine from farhrbregen. Now... 30 years later I wonder why the women didn't take the day off from cleaning and go too! Where was JetBlue when you needed it? Also, remember a year someone's husband couldn't go.. she had just had a baby and his brother special delivered mail to him with pieces of matza from NY... from something, maybe just after? A long time ago.. Memories.

Now I wish the Rebbe were here and could go stand for hours in 770... watching, moving to the niggunim and feeling so high and close to beauty and perfection... standing there with all my friends, piled high on benches, in strange positions holding on for dear life to eachother hoping not to fall down through the heavy plastic window (what was that made of?) and... time had no meaning for us then on days like that. Or nights in December when we would stand by the steps of 770 waiting for the Rebbe to leave after a fahrbregent at 3am.. or closer to 4 debating whether we were or weren't going to show up for class the next morning... we did, we did.

So...fast forward to 2006... Rebbe isn't fahrbregening tonight but last night I went over to Bais Menechem and helped set up for a program which was nice. I didn't stay for the fahrbregen after because ... I had to go home, check on kids and get up early to do things.

Watched a very good video ..."clear a path so you can find your way back, said chop em down, chop em down"...video of the Rebbe when he was young. Beautiful interviews with people who remember when he was a child, in cheder, in Berlin and Paris.

From Sea to shingin sea... searching for me... wow... but you wont find me... all across the land, digging through the sand, said digging through the sand...
Warrior...


Such a good video ...

"clear a path so you can find your way back, said chop em down, chop em down"...

Great video of the Rebbe when he was young. Beautiful interviews with people who remember when he was a child, in cheder, in Berlin and Paris. Interspersed with footage of places in Russia that figured important in those days.. town of Lubavitch, Sputzik? something I need to find my notes...

The video shows a world that few of us can relate to or even imagine. Three little boys in a cheder in Russia, learning Torah, children of great souls... on their way to destiny down the road... with great souls of their own.

A beautiful copy of the letter from his parents to him on the occaision of his Chasena that the Russian officials would not let his parents travel to so he got married without his parents there... his father in law ..who was Rebbe. Made me feel it was meant to be in ways because it was like they passed him on to his wife's father and from that point on ..they were one unit. The Rebbe and his Father-In-Law ..."The Rebbe"... a unit, a pair. I suppose there was a purpose in his own parents not being able to be at the Chasena that so many people traveled to attend, but they could not.

Images of Levi Yitchok's eyes and Rebbetzen Chana's eyes stare back at me in my head...

Anyway... beautiful letter where they wished him good things from the "depths of my heart and my soul" So beautiful, such a mental image of the love that poured fourth wished upon the Rebbe and his wife on that day...

"close your eyes and breathe in ..freedom from across the sea... milk and honey... then we will see clearly... I'm a warrior fighting for your soul, taken from the heavens above... come down... "

So... stayed for the video and went home and checked on the kids... suddenly there are a lot of kids, grown ones and a few young ones. 8 here for Pesach and one son-in-law too.

Kids coming and going, all the kids friends hanging in one big pile like they are in camp on the lawn, in the back room... coming and going.

I went to bed.

Woke up at 5:30 am to the noise of about 6 of the kids sitting outside my bedroom window on the front lawn in a circle laughing telling stories, secrets and having fun. I went out, told them to be quiet and... I think they went inside when the newspaper came and was thrown at them by the wild driver bearing news that the Redsox won yesterday... 2 to one... they won...

Woke up to a house which was quiet except for the sounds of Zalmy sitting by the computer listening to Dina's Matisyahu CDs. Everyone else is asleep.

Not waking anyone.. can get more done with them asleep and when I am done doing what I am doing.. going to leave notes for them what I want them to do.. specifics and going to go out with my brother later to a program... if all goes well.. and watch the rain fall down.

I can't tell you ...
how wonderful this CD is..
you have to believe me.

Lifts your soul like Zalmy went over to my mothers house a little while ago and lifted her milk upstairs into her apartment. Long story.. she needed help bring groceries upstairs... all 80 pounds...

So... the phone rang and we had to find the phone, Zalmy and me... The real phone, you know not the cellphones that are scattered all over the house. The real phone that Sruly bought me for a birthday present. I could hear it ringing. Ring, ring...ring.. it was UNDER the SOMBRERO one of the kids brought down from South of the Border... there it sat, ringing hidden under the sombrero..

Sara Grosz calling to check on me and telling me to go Yitzie's and buy some stuff if I need more than what I have and to give her my son's bank account number so the Rabbi can send him money in Israel.. if I manage to get all the numbers right back and forth... He'll be happy, Pesach present. Sara always worrying if the kids have clothes and things for Pesach. Yes..Shuky has a new suit in Jerusalem... Note: write Shuky an email get number to his account at Bank of America...

"fire burns continously, wondering where you've been..."

So...that's life in Miami on Yud Aleph Nissan and did I mention..
Sharon...Sharie... "Beth" is coming in today :)
My best friend (besides Malka) and... going to see her today :)

Smiling... so cool.

Shayna and Uri come in from Philly on Tuesday...

A front is coming down today and should stall in the straits... friends online are excited at the prospect of any rain down here as it has been very dry but suddenly I am worrying more on the roof than if the house will be ready for Passover by tonight as I have food coming in tomorrow morning...

A front... expected to stall out and possibly a surface low, weak but a low will form to the East of Florida...
http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadPage.aspx?loc=kmia&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=RadarLoop&prodnav=none


The Red Sox may have beat Baltimore but I am eternally grateful for this CD of Matisyahu singing at a concert so I can get my cleaning done before the kids wake up and the front moves in and I go out later to where I want to go...

Oh...and there was a funky looking camper parked outside Bais Menechem yesterday, for bochurim to go out before Pesach.. funny because I thought of Mel and giggled and it made me think of something I want to write but I can't write today, not much because I have to clean..

pics of mitzvah tanks... somewhere on this page.. keep scrolling..
http://www.crownheights.info/?blogid=1&archive=2005-04

So...gonna go daven ...keep

Listening now to my Zalmy's favorite song... "Jerusalem IF I forget you..."

Also... a request came in my email from Chaya Mink for people to pray and say tehillim for Shifra bas Batya in Montreal who was pregnant 9 months, collapsed and had the baby was delivered by caesarian, she's okay, the mother's not... so going to daven. Will hear more details later, or not... either way will talk to Chaya later, will talk to my kids later... passing it along in email...

emails and phone calls
songs of inspiration
linking around the world
song by song
call by call


Going off.. have to go do things today, so many things.
Only so much a writer can write when Pesach is a few days away...

Have to go daven... have to say tehillim, have to get more coffee..
Have to clean and Pesachize the area by the computer..the last area before the kitchen to be changed over.. I want everything put away before the older kids wake up and get a vote..

And..no it won't shine in silver tin foil like my mother's house... Zalmy came back and said "do you know what Bubby's house looks like??"

I said, "there's a lot of tin foil right?"

lol... I don't do that.. I do my stuff...

"we need a sneak attack to get the demons off my back"

I have to go.. time is moving fast along...

Yud Aleph Nisan in Miami...
waiting for rain,
waiting for Pesach..
waiting for Moshiach...

"in a tornado twist"

Oh..and incredible footage out of Tennessee... shame.. a lot of destruction.


Live in today.. live gloriously in today and Serve Hashem with Joy..
Shalom Bobbi.. in North Miami Beach... on the Rebbe's Birthday..

"I paint the scene so you can see, the city is picking up speed, I'm on a taxi.."

"lord raise me up... been here too long... i said lord raise me up.. i said.... lord raise me up... from the ground....ive been here too long i said lord wont you raise me up.. from the ground... uh huh uh oohhhh yeah... ohhhh ... ... wont you please wake me up, bring me back... ..... .... wake me up and shake me up and ...shock waves... rapture coming like a runaway truck, you make my heart want to serve you and Im bound to erupt... I love this song.........

make a list of groceries to buy.. paper, aluminum and fruits and vegetables


"no you didn't forget, no you didn't forget... put your faith in the mirage and its just a smoke screen..."

Make a list of what I will cook for the first 3 days... menus, find old lists..

From Sea to shingin sea... searching for me... wow... but you wont find me... all across the land, digging through the sand, said digging through the sand...
Warrior...


One last thought, one last prayer that one day soon I'll have a husband in my life who sings or thinks to himself..

"i dont care where we're going I just want to be with you..." "one woman for me, the other half of my soul, you're my queen" "we could forget about Golus for awhile" "one woman for me..." Unique is My Dove...

Gonna go daven.. Bobbi
not gonna spell check..

"chassidus explains everything on this world has a sould... an inner essence..." even this blog.............. bracha bas chana...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home