Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Reggae Twisting in the Caribbean.. spinning down there to music

Listening to the incredible new tracks on the preview of Mattisyahu's new CD.. pulsing, throbbing... real reggae sound, beautiful lyrics and watching some "system" down in the Caribbean that is spinning oddly the wrong time of the year

http://www.matismusic.com/

Sort of that sort of day... nothing fits but everything is perfect.

Some kids of my friend's got engaged last night in Israel.. hoping to see them next week. Very cute, very nice... happy to see Laz's son getting married to my friends daughter.. listening to my friend Gittel sound so happy made me happy... been a long few years, watching death and life and birth and marriages... life going on but you always remember those gone (Devorah Leah a beautiful soul) and... now we party, she'd be so happy.

Been happy since I heard though imagine my son in Israel knows more and is there with them.

One world.. so small when you are in Lubavitch.. this extended family of friends who watched eachothers kids growing, growing..and yet I remember when Gittel and I were in Minnesotta and met a girl the other day who is daughter of another girl I knew back then who moved here.

And, now the circle grows.. expands.. includes other families into this strange extended family of Malka, Sharon, Gittel, Fruma... Batya, very cool.. very very cool. The ultimate smile.

And.. this song is unreal.. have to go find the lyrics.

And... have to tell my brother who is waiting while I listen to Mattisyahu on my lunch break at the library that "yes virginia there is something spinning down in the caribbean... wrong time of the year but spinning none the less... like Mattisyahu jamming on MTV and like we will spin and spin when we dance at the Chasena whenver that is..

Life in the fast lane.. makes you dizzy, smile..and we might get wet this weekend.

great lyrics.. great rhymes

Chassidic Reggae... go friggin figure :)

Going to go figure what I am going to make when I get home..

Sweet and Soul Meatballs with Yellow Rice and Gefilte Fish log with assorted Israeli salads
1234 cake for dessert...

Sruly eat your heart out :P

love u, Mommy.. I mean Bobbi :)

I want Moshiah Now sung to Reggae.. perfect..

giggling... like out of season tropical spinning

what a world..so funny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home