Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Mattisyahu Debuts In Time For Purim

If this new CD doesn't lift your spirits and make you want to party for Purim.. nothing will.

Get outside your box.. color outside the lines while living within the parameters of Torah.

Music changes, evolves like the weather always moving... always changing.. air flowing around and around the world in the atmosphere currents. Today's cold front becomes tomorrow's warm front and the air dives down into another system, gets picked up and swept out to sea... where it interacts with a new feature and ...

Music changes everything and to paraphraze an old boyfriend.. makes the sad times better but unlike him.. I'd add that music makes the good times better.

Serve Hashem With Joy... my favorite saying... this CD helps me achieve that goal and raises me up high.

Love the song on the Stubb's CD... Lord Raise Me Up.. hum it all day at the library.
So if you see me slowly moving to an unsung song at the desk you will know what lyrics are racing through my soul..

As great as the Stubbs CD is ... Youth throbs.. like our youth do.. like mine do.. throbs and pulsates with a reggae beat.. and a Jewish Soul... urgency and inspiration..

Unreal... cool beautiful day in Miami.. can't wait til the Youth CD flies south to me :)

Young man the power is in your hands.... you got to make the right moves...

Chorus:
What's this feeling?
My love will rip a hole in the ceiling
Givin' myself to you from the essence of my being
Sing to my G-d all these songs of love and healing
Want Moshiach now so it's time we start revealing

You're all that I have and you're all that I need
Each and every day I pray to get to know you please
I want to be close to you, yes I'm so hungry
You're like water for my soul when it gets thirsty
Without you there's no me
You're the air that I breathe
Sometimes the world is dark and I just can't see
With these, demons surround all around to bring me down to negativity
But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe

I'll stand on my own two feet
Won't be brought down on one knee
Fight with all of my might and get these demons to flee
Hashem's rays fire blaze burn bright and I believe
Out of darkness comes light, twilight unto the heights
Crown Heights burnin' up all through till midnight
Said, thank you to my G-d, now I finally got it right

And I'll fight with all of my heart, and all a' my soul, and all a' my might
I want Moshiah Now so it's time we start revealin'

***********
Great CD
Buy it
Try it
Get groovin and get lost in it...
and Have a Wonderful Purim...

http://jewishjukebox.com/products/jewish_soloists/1880.asp
(nice website here... listen ... enjoy... buy)


Bobbi
and the aka Matthew Miller stuff is silly.. one is a hebrew name... one is english
I'm not Bobbi aka Bracha
I'm both.. one and the same
it's one and the same
both my names
no name games..

you got the freedom to choose.. young man you got the power in your hand.. you better make the right moves................. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home