Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, January 30, 2006

Rained in Miami Today...Frontal Passage

One of those days... a front or rather a pre-frontal trough passed through the area bringing a surprise rain shower... a heavy rain shower. It was nice... gray, heavy rain outside washing all the dirt and grime off. I'd put up a link with a satellite shot but ...it might be gone by the time you look. Check out some site like www.accuweather.com or www.wundergound.com for radars.

Lying in bed a bit early as I cried uncle and went home early today to rest up. Still getting over a bad case of the flu... listening to a Chaim Dovid CD that I like a lot. Beautiful graphics on the CD :) Very peaceful, very needed. Also a hypnotic quality to the first few tracks on the CD.

Going to watch the news...write or read or just fall asleep. Let the kids make hamburgers.

It was one of those days where I had to play at the Mommy role today and deal with some over zealous Assistant Principle who wants to socialize my son all in one day. I explained that I send him to school to learn and be in class and get grades and get out. Not to have them prepare him for roles in life as it is a job much bigger than what that particular high school can handle. I expect them to teach him. I will work on the socialization and add in some other family help as well as his relationships with several teen group leaders who try and help him and his own counselor. Sorry, I don't give a damn about their mission statement.. just teach him to read and I'll be happy. Of course I said it nicer... though I did point out that if it wasn't for the the magnet students getting perfect scores on their FCat the school would be a F school not a D.

I'm sorry but after 20 years of attending parent teacher meetings I think I should have some sort of special dispensation.

I give the lady who just cme to this school after being at a different high school every year for the last 4... (not a good sign) an explanation for what my 16 year old son did. She tells me "well I don't know him well enough to..." I politely pointed out " well I do, I've known him now for 16 years................" Oh Lord help the good meaning going to change the world types.

If I thought he could pass the GED I'd take him out and let him work. If I thought he could make it in a Yeshiva.. I'd send him. If I wasn't happy with his group therapy session he was doing I would take him out... but... he is there, we sat through one stupid session on following rules because he had on his head phones upon entering the school. Something about the safety of the environment and rules... Call me silly but it makes no sense to take a child out of 2 hours of classes to prove your point vs a simple discussion on the phone.

Headphones... he wasn't burning down the administration building...

The library was fine... busy... okay... people got stuck inside the rain.

Barry, the psychic said that the heavy square is making everyone nuts. I agreed with him ... 5 planets in Aquarius being squared by Jupiter in Scorpio and Saturn in Leo... and Mars in Taurus... yup... sounds about right... meeting today for 2 hours at the high school was like an out of body experience.

I believe today is Rosh Chodesh Shevat... I may paint a tree today... watercolor. Winter almost over... somewhere...not here.

Shuky called from Israel... attended a funeral for a great, old kabbalist who died at the age of 104 or 108... a lot of people.

Life...passing by...bit by bit by hour.

Tried to help two people today who needed help at the library... one needed social worker help. Life fell apart afater the hurricanes of Miami.. she's a mess...not functioning. Another wants to move to Israel..make Aliyah. Everyone these days seems to have a problem they cannot deal with...

We are all people whose lives are threaded together on this planet...in our city..in our community. One thing I enjoy about my job is the ability to help others.

Cold front coming through... want to enjoy it a bit.. might be one of the last ones to make it through...

Happy Shevat... hug a tree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home