Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, November 14, 2005

Is Gamma going to follow the game plan or not?

The Canadian model shows a hurricane that gets very close to Florida out around T counting 144 hours from now.

There seems to be some divergence in thinking as to whether Gamma goes quietly west...or not.

Meanwhile..all including the NHC own models seem to make Gamma a Hurricane.

Hurricane Gamma... has a ring to it, doesn't it?

As for me personally...going to take lunch.

Want to say though I have thought much on what a friend told me recently. A friend, oh...let's call him MEL for arguement's sake told me I am "tough" and having all those kids I had made me "tough." Is he right? Could be. But, what it made me honestly is street smart and savy when it comes to lies, bullshit and to quote Big Daddy.. Mendacity. After raising a whole brood of teens you can smell bullshit in a field of roses; you can sense it.. feel it..hear it even when the excuses sound wonderful. No one is better at giving excuses and explanations than teens as to what really happened with ___________fill in the blank___________ ...

So... yes I supposed it taught me to be a bit tougher, take the long view..and read through the bullshit and smile and pretend I believe liars who believe their own lies. Like kids... that teacher really told them they had NO homework. Can you imagine?

The jury is out on how tough I am because I think I just put on a good act. I did study acting way back when... But, it did make me know lies and excuses when I hear them...

So thank you my wonderful, crazy teenagers ... you will never know how much you have helped me ...

Honestly... Bobbi
ps..and thanks someone for making me think on my life a little differently than I ever would have

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home