Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Song for a Dead Friend

So...where do we go from here? This isn't where we intended to be.... no not the song from Evita but it would do as well.

Where do we go when we die? Up to the spirit in the sky... no wrong song.

Billy Jack. I saw Billy Jack with Ellison... and some surfer movie, always think of him and Indians and that song about Tin soldiers gone to .... go ahead and hate your neighbor ...go ahead and cheat a friend...do it in the name of heaven you can justify it in the end... no wrong song

Even the Carpenters LP was his song... that too was stolen away

Go figure

So...all day this song stuck in my head because I'm not sure who the joke is on or if anyone is laughing...though we will laugh again because thats the way of the world.... oh noooooo ed song from some band I don't want to remember...chicago, earth wind and fire... etc...

Old friends...sat on their park bench like book ends... I want Sharon :(

Rambling here... allowed to on the day when your old friend is buried and there is nothing you can think to do to commemorate the occaision other than maybe to break up with your boyfriend but no... didn't really do that and he doesn't know that. Maybe I should go somewhere... where on Passover with a house full of kids who are clueless that their mother is hurting in side and like most kids don't care.."is there anything left to eat" after the trip to Key West, Sawgrass or the Heat Game. God bless the children... glad they are grown up and glad they are having fun and ...

I can't sleep.

Fires burning in the Glades. If I take any more asthma medication I will be awake til sunrise.

So... here is the song. For Jay if no one else because Jay will understand.
Who was the joke on??? All of us? Some of us?
Maybe the whole world is a joke... carousels swirling to a gay dancing tune
and a masquerade ball for ...

..................song.............................
Song: I Started a Joke Lyrics




I started a joke. Which started the whole world crying.
But I didn't see that the joke was on me.
Oh, no, I started to cry. Which started the whole world laughing.
Oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies. Running my hands over my eyes.
And I fell out of bed. Hurting my heads from things that I said.

Till I finally died. Which started the whole world living.
Oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies. Running my hands over my eyes.
And I fell out of bed. Hurting my head from things that I said.

Till I finally died. Which started the whole world living.
Oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

Oh, no, that the joke was on me. Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home