Hurricane Harbor

A writer and a tropical muse. A funky Lubavitcher who enjoys watching the weather, hurricanes, listening to music while enjoying life with a sense of humor and trying to make sense of it all!

Monday, September 06, 2004

Frances gone away, Ivan coming soon

What's a girl to do?

Going Shopping :)

Seriously going out with my younger son and letting him spend his birthday money on something he can enjoy now before Ivan yanks it away.

You know that old saying?
Make hay while the sun shines?
Letting him get a game he can play while we still have electric.

Good kid. Likes Key West. Likes cars. Watches 'Smokey and the Bandit' when bored. And, now he's tracking hurricanes. No cable... he can't find NASCAR anywhere so... Going Shopping.

Keep him busy til the cable comes back on?
Keep me busy.

Let my Starbucks manager son treat me to some good starbucks coffee. Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup Macchiado. See my almost daughter in law in her boutique. Hanging out. Having fun.
Rest my brain a bit before I think too much on Ivan. He's sooo far away.

Ridge building west in Frances departure. ULL to his WNW.
He's WNW bound into the Caribbean. Then..who knows.

In a mood to listen to Buffett but don't like the tape I had on. That Feeding Frenzy one that was taped live in Atlanta. Bothers me for some reason. Eats at me a bit. Hit the eject button so hard on my beautiful wooden old fashioned music box it zoomed across the room and into the closet where it belongs.

Not thinking on that or Ivan or anything else.

Knew a sweet Ivan once. History major. Cuban. Hmmmn

Anyway... Baby's goin shoppin...
Chow for now.. Bobbi
***************
JIMMY BUFFETT LYRICS
Baby's Gone Shopping
By: Jimmy Buffett
Baby's gone shoppin'
she's looking around
She's checkin' out the clothes on the boys in town
Pick up this drop off that
Stares at her pictures from the Fotomat
Oh she likes what she sees
But she's afraid of what she needs
She should be here with me
She should be here with me
But I don't make it easy, I'm no day at the beach
Just an old road dog gettin' harder to teach
Hang on this planet, hang on each twirl
Scatter my belongin's all over this world
I get more wrapped up each day
She's lookin' further away
She should be here with me
She should be here with me (horn solo)
I'm no good at conversation (No good)
I don't want a proclamation (Oh, no, no)
I just think that we could use
A little face-to-face communication
Ow! I've been thinkin', thinkin' this through
It's time to stop all this selfishness both me and you
I'll stop from here, you stop from there
We'll meet somewhere in the middle darlin'
I don't care
I don't want no more heartaches it's time to put on the brakes
She should be here with me
I don't want no more heartaches it's time to slam on 'em brakes
She should be here with me
Baby's gone shoppin', she should be here with me
No more bar hoppin', she should be here with me
Now, I don't know but I've been told
That city livin' is awfully cold
She should be right here, here with me (he should be...)
Brrrrrr... (...here with me)
Baby's gone shoppin', she should be here with me (he should be...) (...here with me)
No more bar, no more bar, no more bar hoppin' S
hould be here with me (he should be here with me)
She should be here with me
She should be here with me (he should be...) (...here with me)
No more bar, no more bar, no more bar hoppin'
Should be here with me (he should be here with me)
She should be here with me (gone shoppin')
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-baby's gone shoppin' (gone shoppin')
Coda: She should be here with me
She should be here with me (gone shoppin', he should be...)
She should be here with me (he should be here with me)
She should be here with me (gone shoppin', he should be here!)


(figures theres a coda..)
rollin eyes :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home